This week, discover Karli O’Brien. In her first year with Gatineau Fusion, this 19 year old center is a little ray of sunshine. Originally from Nepean, number 4 now balances ringette and studies to become a firefighter.
1. What aspect of the sport do you like? I like the team aspect of the sport. The rule that you have to pass over each blue line really emphasizes it. In other sports it’s easy to have one player control the whole game. In Ringette everyone has to work together.
2. What is your favorite meal? Steak and potatoes.
3. What music motivates you before a competition? I’m not picky when it comes to music, but any country music motivates me.
4. What is your favorite quote? “Some people believe that ravens guide travelers to their destinations. Others believe that the sight of a solitary raven is considered good luck. While a group of ravens predict trouble ahead. And a raven right before battle promises victory.”- One Tree Hill
5. What is your greatest sporting achievement? In terms of Ringette it would be winning the 2012-2013 National Ringette Championships and being able to participate in the 2013 World Ringette Championships in North Bay. I also played in the Canadian Flag Football Championships and won the defensive MVP.
6. Do you have a pet? I have two dogs.
7. What is your favorite song? Get me some of that by Thomas Rhett
8. What title would you give your autobiography? Double Trouble. (I’m a twin)
9. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? I would travel to Australia because I am in love with their accents.
10. What is your dream career? My dream career is to be a Fire Fighter
11. What is your favorite hobby? I enjoy doing exercise
12. What is your favorite book? The Da Vinci Code
13. If you could be a fictional character, who would you be and why? I would want to be Hermione Granger from Harry Potter because she is extremely smart and overall awesome.
14. Where is your favorite vacation spot? Anywhere hot
15. If you could make any dream come true what would it be? To succeed at becoming a Fire Fighter.
16. How do you see yourself in 5 years? In 5 years I’m hoping to be a full time Fire Fighter and still playing in the NRL.
17. What is your favorite movie? Frozen
18. If you could have any power what would you choose and why? Super strength because it would help in being a fire fighter
19. What is your favorite restaurant? Boston Pizza
20. If you could meet a famous person who would you meet and why? The Queen. I’m not too sure why though.
21. What or who could you not live without. Wifi