Today we discover Madeleine Goldsmith. This focused, determined and fun 26 year old is a defender in her fourth year with Gatineau Fusion. Playing ringette since the age of 7, number 27 now balances ringette and her busy life working on her university studies in geology/philosophy.
1. What aspect of your sport do you prefer?
I love that ringette is a team sport.
2. What is your favorite meal?
3. What music motivates you before a competition?
I don’t really listen to music before I play, but anything with an up beat is nice.
4. What is your favorite quote?
All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. -T.E. Lawrence
5. What is your greatest sporting achievement?
Winning medals at the nationals when I was younger, playing varsity rugby and completing a long distance triathlon.
6. Do you have a pet?
An ageing dog, a grumpy cat, a rat and a frog.
7. What song would be the soundtrack of your life?
Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis
8. What title would you give to your autobiography?
The Art of Drinking Tea While Driving Standard
9. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
Australia, to visit my sister.
10. What is your dream career?
11. What is your favorite hobby?
12. What is your favorite book?
Fall On Your Knees and Shogun…..and The Wainscott Weasle.
13. If you could be any fictional character, who would you be and why?
Doctor Who, because then I would have a Tardis and would never be late.
14. What is your favorite vacation spot?
Skeleton Lake or Margaree Harbour.
15. If you could make any dream, what would it be?
16. How do you see yourself in 5 years?
Will still be with my partner……and my cat.
17. What is your favorite film?
18. If you could have any super power, what would you choose and why?
I would love to know what animals were saying and thinking….why is my cat staring at me like that?!?!
19. What is your favorite restaurant?
B-Well Sushi in Halifax NS
20. If you could meet a famous person, who would you meet and why?
Chrissie Wellington. I need her autograph. Or Richie McCaw. Same reason.
21. What or who you could not live without?
My partner, Anna…….a cup of tea in the morning is a close second.