Today we discover Sarah Collins. In her fifth year with the Fusion of Gatineau, this polyvalent player of 26 years can play everywhere. Originally from Cedar Valley, this veteran full of wisdom proudly wears number 12.
1. What aspect of your sport do you prefer? Fast pace, I love skating!
2. What is your favorite meal? Thai Curry (mainly green Thai curry)
3. What music motivates you before a competition? Dance music
4. What is your favorite quote? “…what part of this aren’t you understanding” “well obviously the core concept!”
5. What is your greatest sporting achievement? Being a part of the first ever university team to compete in a Provincials – Go GeeGees
6. Do you have a pet? Not yet. Though my family has several dogs and I can’t wait to have one of my own someday soon!
7. What song would be the soundtrack of your life? U Can’t Touch This, MC Hammer
8. What title would you give to your autobiography? Wait, which one are you again?
9. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? Anywhere! I love to travel and have been to so many great, amazing places already! A few of the next places on my list are Ireland, Scotland, Croatia, and Russia.
10. What is your dream career? TBD
11. What is your favorite hobby? Tie between gardening, board games, and tennis.
12. What is your favorite book? The Hollow Tree by Janet Lunn
13. If you could be any fictional character, who would you be and why? Any one of the kids in Mrs. Frizzle’s class so I could go on awesome field trips!
14. What is your favorite vacation spot? Killbear Provincial Park
15. If you could make any dream, what would it be? Compete in the Olympics!
16. How do you see yourself in 5 years? Too far ahead to think about… I just go with it!
17. What is your favorite film? Mary Poppins. Although Finding Nemo is a close second!
18. If you could have any super power, what would you choose and why? To grant wishes like a genie – could make a lot of people happy ☺
19. What is your favorite restaurant? “Mels Dinor” in Newmarket, Ontario (best breakfast and lunch ever)
20. If you could meet a famous person, who would you meet and why? Don’t really care about meeting famous people….
21. What or who you could not live without? The what is my pink blanket, hasn’t left my bed since I was a baby. The who is my family, love you all!