After playing two years in the NRL for Gloucester Devils, Alyssa Mainwood decided to join the Gatineau Fusion for her third year, now competing against her sister for the first time ever. Playing uOttawa ultimate frisbee and ringette, she finds time for her studies in Human Kinetics.
1. What aspect of your sport do you prefer? Playing on a team, and meeting new people and sharing the passion for our sport
2. What is your favorite meal? Honey Nut Cheerios
3. What music motivates you before a competition? Anything I can sing along too
4. What is your favorite quote? “it’s not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog”
5. What is your greatest sporting achievement? Winning the Ontario Winter Games with Eastern AAA
6. Do you have a pet? Yes, a dog named Chinook
7. What song would be the soundtrack of your life? Hakuna Matata
8. What title would you give to your autobiography? I have no idea!
9. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? Australia, I’m not actually sure why, I’ve just always wanted to go.
10. What is your dream career? A teacher
11. What is your favorite hobby? Outdoor activities
12. What is your favorite book? Anything by Nicholas Sparks
13. If you could be any fictional character, who would you be and why? Tigger, I have loved him ever since I was young, I don’t know why. My sister would just always get Eeyore stuff, and I’d get Tigger.
14. What is your favorite vacation spot? Orlanda, Florida, more specifically Disney World
15. If you could make any dream, what would it be? To have had more time with my Poppa
16. How do you see yourself in 5 years? Teaching in a special needs classroom, surrounded by people I love and who love me, and with an Australian Shepard Husky mix puppy
17. What is your favorite film? The Lion King
18. If you could have any super power, what would you choose and why? The ability to fly, becasuse it would just be super cool
19. What is your favorite restaurant? As long as it serves a delicious breakfast, then I have no preference
20. If you could meet a famous person, who would you meet and why? I honestly have no idea, there is no famous people I truly idolize
21. What or who you could not live without? My sister, who is the best big sister a girl could have!